Friday, February 27, 2009
I said "Good Day, Sir!"
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
1 can of refried beans
1 pint of sour cream
2 packages of taco mix (I like mine spicy)
12 oz of salsa
jar of pickled jalapenos
1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar
1) Spread out evenly refried beans on bottom of serving dish.
2) Combine sour cream and taco mix real well and the spread out evenly on top of refried beans.
3) Pour out salsa evenly on top of sour cream mix.
4) Top salsa with shredded cheddar.
5) Layout jalapeno peppers on top of cheese in a decorative pattern.
Serve with tortilla chips. I prefer to use "Scoops".
Monday, February 23, 2009
2 10 oz. cans of chicken
2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese (softened)
1 cup bleu cheese dressing
3/4 cup favorite wing sauce
1/5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1) Combine cream cheese, chicken and dressing until blended smoothly in oven safe dish.
2) Mix in wing sauce.
3) Cover with cheddar cheese.
4) Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Serve with "Chicken In a Biscuit" crackers and celery sticks.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Offically banned in the U.S. until recently, absinthe has been suggested to cause madness and hallucinations. From Vincent Van Gogh to Oscar Wilde and other "crazy" people of the team, the "Green Fairy" has been enjoyed. The chemical thujone is believed to be the cause of this mass craziness and, hence, the ban. While the ban has been lifted on absinthe, it has not been lifted on thujone.
However, thanks to the wonder of commerce over the internet (www.absinth24.net), the two bottles shown below have fallen into my possession. And as soon as I can catch up with some very special friends (and they know who they are), I suspect to crack them open and see how the "Green Fairy" can enlighten me.
Following her art display, Hanna took to the ice to particpate in her first Ice Skating Competition at Bowie Ice Arena. As a member of the Piney Orchard Blue Belles, Hanna had to perform two difficult skills (unfortunately, I don't know their names) for the crowd in attendance. Hanna and her team scored a third place victory. It will be only a matter of time before she starts bringing home gold medals (I just know it).
I promise to try and get some Jake video as he deserves some face time as well. Have a Happy Valentine's weekend.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009