Until I have time (and easily attainable videos) to talk about the wonderful Saturday we had, I'll have to provide you with some fun facts about farts:
- Farts are created mostly by E. coli.
- On the average a fart is composed of about 59% nitrogen, 21% hydrogen, 9% carbon dioxide, 7% methane, and 4% oxygen. Less than 1% is what makes them stink.
- The temperature of a fart at time of creation is 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Farts have been clocked at a speed of 10 feet per second.
- A person produces about half a liter of farts a day.
- Although they won't admit it, women fart as much as men.
- Termites are the largest producers of farts.
- Farts are flammable.
- The word "fart" comes from the Old English "feortan" (meaning "to break wind").
- Excess gas in the intestinal is medically termed "flatulence."
and, one about urine:
- Mercaptan in asparagus is what causes urine to smell.
Now you can't say you didn't know that. You can say you wish you didn't know, though.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I liked our other conversation about bodily extractions better.
Post a Comment